Southampton Healthy Homes
We work in partnership with Southampton City Council to deliver the Southampton Healthy Homes affordable warmth programme. Our highly qualified energy advisers help local people reduce their bills, liaise with their utility suppliers, apply for discounts and access funding for heating measures such as insulation and draught-proofing.
Watch our short video about Southampton Healthy Homes here.
We support and advise Southampton residents over the phone, at an appointment or at a home visit.*
Our service includes:
- Speaking to clients in depth and asking the relevant questions to ensure we have a thorough understanding of their unique circumstances.
- Offering practical ideas for reducing energy bills in the short and long term.
- Helping clients switch energy tariffs for a better deal**
- Where applicable, applying for energy and water bill discounts.
- Negotiating with energy suppliers if our clients are at risk of going off-supply.
- Applying for funding for home energy upgrades such as heating improvements, insulation and draught-proofing.
- Tackling the causes of condensation and mould, and suggesting ways to keep it at bay.
- Referring clients to other services such as benefit checks, budgeting and debt advice, healthy living and independent services.
*We keep in touch with our clients over the phone in most circumstances. Home visits will only take place if there is no alternative.
**Switching supplier may not be useful at the moment (Winter 2022), but we can help you assess your options.
The Southampton Healthy Homes programme is tailored towards Southampton residents on low incomes.
We regularly help people in private households who require financial support for upgrading their home’s energy efficiency measures, for example installing loft and wall insulation, heating upgrades or draught-proofing equipment.
Most funding opportunities prioritise properties that have a low energy performance rating.
We’d urge any Southampton resident to contact us for free, impartial advice if they are struggling, regardless of their household tenure, income or employment status.
Here’s what some of our clients have said:
If you think you might qualify for support or you’d like further information, please complete the form below.