Using reflective radiator panels
Radiator panels, sheets and foil reflect heat away from the wall and into the room. They are particularly useful on uninsulated external walls and can be bought for less than £25 (for six panels that cover up to three metres).
You will need
- the reflective panel, sheet or foil
- Tape measure
- Double sided sticky tape (which might come with the panel itself).
1. Clean behind the radiator with a feather duster or a damp cloth on a stick.
2. Measure the length of the radiator, then cut your panels into sections of the correct size. You’ll need to make sure the panels fit between the radiator brackets.
3. Place double sided sticky tape around the edge of the panel. Remove the backing of the tape to expose the sticky side.
4. Slide each panel behind the radiator and press it against the wall as much as you can.